The taxation of residents abroad who have financial interests in Greece has always been a special part of the tax legislation. Nowadays the transfer of a tax residence from Greece abroad is as relevant as ever.
The need for tax advisory support for people living and working abroad, who have tax interests in Greece is great.
Our office, having a large clientele of residents abroad, can offer you reliable and responsible support in these matters.
Why choose us
- Specialization in resident abroad issues
- Valid and scientific documentation on your tax issues
- Remote service (via Viber, WhatsApp, Skype, mail)
- Continuous information and training on issues of residents abroad
TRANSFER TO THE TAX OFFICE FOR RESIDENTS ABROAD
Greeks who now have a permanent residence abroad (i.e. those who live in another country for more than 183 days) must change their tax residence at the Tax Office for residents abroad. Yes, the transfer process has become more complex than in previous years, but some innovations have been introduced in the tax legislation that concerns these persons, facilitating the whole process. For example:
- The obligation to ratify the public documents of certain countries with the Hague Apostille, documents which are necessary for the verification by the Greek Authorities of the tax residence of an individual, has been abolished, thus facilitating and accelerating the process (document D. ORG. D 1172275 EX 2017)
- The countries that have signed the above agreement are: Austria, Spain, France, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Portugal, Turkey, Poland and Greece.
- It is now possible for spouses living and working in separate countries (e.g. one in Greece and the other in England) to have separate tax residences, thus exempting the foreign resident from both possible double taxation and possible charges (under the conditions that we analyse below) (POL.1201 / 2017, ΣτΕ Athens decision 3950 / 17.7.2017, ΣτΕ 1445/2016 and ΣτΕ 1215/2017)